Thursday, May 28, 2020

PATIENCE MAKES A BOEY 🤩

       
We skipped qigong practice one morning and went out for burgers and a movie!!

         I met Bubbly Boey at qigong about three years ago. It was a “Hello, how are you” kind of connection with a wave before and after class and not much said in-between. But one year later we were what teenagers call BFF (Best Friends Forever) or Besties 👩‍❤️‍👩 . I feel kinda weird using this phrase at my age but that’s how we have evolved. She shared her yoghurt muffins, Christmas fruit cakes (filled with nuts and raisins soaked in iced coffee and then infused with Bailey's Irish Cream, my sister-in-law "stole" half the cake)

  painted T-shirts for me

   and even on-line ordered my trekking shoes from China. Most importantly, her son Mel Han, books our air tickets and meals on board when we travel. If she leaves it to me to do the bookings, I assure you we would be flying on the wrong dates, starving on board and arriving at the wrong destinations. 


        Bubbly Boey (nothing gets her down, her motto in life is “don’t sweat the small stuff, just MOVE ON”) bought a load of colouring books just before our partial lock down started. She has been one Busy Boey and this is Boey's Bird Series 🦆🦅🦩🦚:






        Boey truly has the patience of a Saint. When situations rattle me, she can always make me see the light in dark tunnels. In life, Boey goes with the flow (thank goodness her flow has not ended in waterfalls). But, with her colouring and paintings, her attention to detail is incredible (check out the kingfisher sitting among the reeds below). How does she colour-in those tiny spaces? She must be continuously sharpening her pencils as she does not colour out of the lines. I told her she needs to buy shares in Faber Castell, Staedler or Stabilo to maintain this passion of hers. 



Julia is as happy as the birds 🦜 🐦 on her T-shirt 

And this psychedelic coloured OWL T-shirt is for me 
🦉 HOOT HOOT HORRAY 🦉!! 
"I will collect after CMCO, Boey, don't give anyone else."


"WELL DONE," says Typhoon Thory 👍👍

4 comments:

  1. WOW!
    Awe and wonder. Your friend has a heap of talent and determination. She sounds like the very best kind of friend too.
    I soak the fruit for my Christmas cakes in rum and brandy. The iced coffee variation sounds good - and would meld really well with Bailey's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled at reading your story about your sister-in-law 'stealing' the cake 😁

    The paintings on your friend's T-shirt are really cool.
    I like the picture of an owl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... hanya orang yang betul-betul sabar je boleh warna banyak page macam tu... good job... cantik...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible! Her detail sketching on birds is impressive as you feel so and nice tees really. Have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete