Sunday, May 2, 2021

AN EASY MEAL FOR A BUSY DAY

 

ARGH, the dog had diarrhoea last week. Thory teman (tags along with) me when I study 

or do my chores 



 while the other two pests are at work. He’s my saviour, until the day he had diarrhoea! This dog EATS EVERYTHING except fruit and vegetables, a pure cannibal just like his owner, Savvy K. 





EVERYTHING includes animal goat fertilisers (poop!) in my planters, birds, iguanas, squirrels, rats, bees and flies. Seriously, these are only the “foods” I am aware of. It was a nightmare the day he bit into a hornet. We had to quickly give him my darling Belle’s anti-histamine as his mouth parts began to swell. Anyway, he was exiled outside, 

and for two days I was mopping, flushing down the garden and washing his doggie butt. With all this excitement, the last thing I needed was Gismo Man shouting, “What’s for dinner?” So,

Old Mother Hubbard

Went to her cupboard

To make her poor husband a DISH

When she got there

The cupboard was bare

So the poor husband had FISH



Yes, this Portuguese Steam Fish Sauce is a life saver. 

Just cut and throw tomatoes, ladies fingers, brinjals, onions and a fish into a casserole dish. Pour in the sauce and bake covered at 200 C for 30 mins. 

Ta-dum….dinner is ready. I served with rice, left-over pumpkin, yoghurt and fruit acar (pickles). I am sure you can use lamb, chicken or pork if the fishes aren't swimming your direction.
TQ Mak Nyonya. TRY it, you will not REGRET it.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea.
    I do hope the diarrhea is a thing of the past. Not fun - for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Thory is back to normal tearing around the house and I am relaxing from mopping the house.TQ

      Delete
  2. Hope your cute doggie no more problem with diarrhea. Yes, I have tried this brand but not this steamed paste. Great idea and so easy, just put everything together and bake it. Hope to try it one of these days, waiting for the fish to swim my way. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is quite a reliable brand with many different sauces. They sure make our life easier, don't they?

      Delete