Thursday, April 29, 2021

ART WORK – Way outta my league

Art work on T-shirts by Lan Boey


These were painted for her 2 boys many moons ago. Worn with pride and now kept for the "akan datang" (coming soon) next generation. 
Heirlooms still looking like yesterday's work.

Another artwork form requiring patience is Kirie - Japanese art of paper cutting. Do I have the patience? NO! Art for me are things best left not to temper with.

 I wouldn’t think about it even if my life depended on this. The nearest I got to paper cutting was when I was 16. My Art teacher put me in charge of making stain glass windows with cellophane papers to decorate the doorways (four huge arch ways) to our Art Classrooms. I have a little OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) so I was left to supervise the class to complete this massive project - cutting out designs on thick black cardboards and then gluing in with coloured cellophane sheets. We finished the stunning master pieces and the “stained glass” arches glowed and shimmered in our sizzling sun, but at what cost? The entire class with their calloused fingers must have cursed me for life. Then my Mie decides to turn up for the exhibition and goes, “Ohhh my Sassy JAM, they are bea..u..ti...fool. Why don’t you make some for home?" I love my mummie very much. But she never got her stained glass windows!  So how does this lady cut such intricate art from paper.  She is Masayo Fukuda  with more than 25 years experience in kirie. 

All this cutting and slicing is done on a SINGLE sheet of white paper. Both sides have identical patterns so there is no right or wrong side.


                           Paper treasures from the SEA.





She uses a torch light to produce the tiny "holes" and "string-like" patterns














This kirie octopus only took two months to complete! The intricate rings on the tentacles, reminds me of French lace.
A paper broach for my Bloggers. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAN BOEY. TQ for our T-shirts,
 QIGONG GALS ROCK.

13 comments:

  1. Oh how very, very beautiful.
    Creating such wonders is beyond me. Appreciating them is not. Thank you.
    I like your stained glass windows too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stained glass windows never to be done again. Glad I did it once and it turned out well

      Delete
  2. Wow! Beautiful art work. Amazing Kirie paper cutting art! I can't imagine myself doing that because I know I don't have that kind of patience. I really appreciate and salute the people who enjoys paper cutting art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I salute them to, both Chinese and Japanese art of paper cutting

      Delete
  3. How nice of you to stop by my blog. The paper cutting is amazing! The jellyfish blew me away! Lots of colorful artwork. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked almost impossible to cut those tentacles on the jelly fish.

      Delete
  4. That purple is marvelous! And it's easy to understand the reason why it took two months to complete. Congratulations on such a great job!

    I am glad to hear you enjoyed my last post! Thanks for visiting blog and leaving such kind words through your comment.
    I hope you will come back to Rome as soon as possible.

    Best regards,

    Giorgio

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww...excellent art works...
    I don't think I can make it.

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can't, colouring is the furthest I have attempted in Art!

      Delete
  6. BEAUTIFUL artwork! Thanks for the kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All these artwork need lots of patience. I am for the bigger picture - meaning I have little patience

      Delete
  7. Boa tarde obrigado pelas obras de arte de vocês.

    ReplyDelete