Sunday, April 4, 2021

TRUSTED MEN THAT WILL DELIVER


GRAB anything from meals (Savvy K's favourite salmon bowl that Thory hopes will fall over), 
 to personal stuff that we need delivered but are scared to be out and about. These plucky men and ladies 
are Malaysia's other front liners. 
They, who deliver food and anything else at the touch of buttons.
I bark at Savvy K for embracing this concept of wasting money. "You are a stick in the mud," she says, in a nice way I hope. I say I am conservative,

 maybe a bit of an old fogey at times.
When we could only drive within a 10km radius from home during partial lockdown or be prepared to pay a RM1000 fine, home deliveries became a NECESSITY, NOT a LUXURY.  

Today, a post to acknowledge and thank these front liners. What treasures do they carry in their motorcycle packs of Pink, Red and Green? The more popular delivery apps here are FOOD PANDA 🐼,









Ninja 😈 and 
GRAB. 

My neighbours have started to order meat and vegetables online, I guess it is a matter of time before I follow suit. But my weekly trips with Gismo Man to buy groceries keep me sane. It is the only excursion and excitement I get! How pathetic isn't it? 
 It is amazing as with these apps, we can track our food delivery in real time via

our smart phones. Welcome to the age of technology.
 "Order is confirmed, you are in the queue." "The restaurant is preparing your order. Your driver is heading there."
Even lets you know if kitchen is busy and there will be a delay. 

“Your driver is at your restaurant to pick up your order.” I grew up in an era with type-writers and rotary dial phones. I am constantly gobsmacked with these new apps that the millennials view as "just ordinary, what's the big deal."

Honk honk , Food Panda is at the gate, “Hello, hurry up Ma’am, it is hot outside.” Sometimes the delivery comes a bit massacred like my pizza!! But, what the heck I didn't complain cos it tastes just the same. I didn't want the delivery man to get a bad rating. I just called the restaurant and informed them to teach the drivers to place the pizza boxes horizontally during delivery.

These riders even deliver chocolates 
in our Malaysia's sizzling heat (93 F). So that's why I sometimes see them riding like Speedy Gonzales. Alo alo, make way, Chocolates on Board! 
Alas, these delivery riders 

have recently been getting a bad rap in the news for flouting traffic rules 
and encroaching on pedestrian walk ways. I feel very sorry for them as they are just making an honest living. People have been laid off. Many have taken jobs in delivery services just to pay rents and put food on tables to keep their families going. Customers can be really mean and demand fast deliveries even during thunderstorms, or the riders are threatened with low ratings. Others have demanded their food be delivered pipping hot. 
"PLEASE, if you want pipping hot food, COOK YOURSELF lah." 
 Clothes that Savvy K ordered.
 When Kim wanted to send me her Chinese New Year goodies from 22 km away, she just packed everything in a nice bag and "Grab" it. 
Gift pack arrived in 20 mins, I was eating her curry puffs in another 20 mins. THANK YOU "GRAB" and Kim. 
Boat noodles and sour plum green tea
delivered by a ninja. 
Even my neighbourhood hawker food stalls have signed up with 
Food Panda for delivery services 😍👍. Good ole' Uncle is trending with the times.

Rain or Shine, They ALWAYS deliver.
Sometimes when I am busy, YOUR SMILES escape me. I look but I do not see. I am sorry to take you for granted on these days.  
Who says MEN DO NOT DELIVER?
NINJAs, FOOD PANDAs and GRAB DELIVER 🚴‍♂️ with SMILES 🤩 
THANK YOU. Please RIDE SAFELY.

14 comments:

  1. Huge thanks to these workers who are indeed becoming essential - and often not well paid.
    And yes, I am an old fogey too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is true they are often not paid well. The job is difficult too in the sun and rain.

      Delete
  2. Super, everything looks mega tasty 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thank you for their services. Food arrives still warm and tasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boa tarde, que vontade de comer essas maravilhas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada, boa comida delivered with sorriso

      Delete
  5. Oh, it turns out that ninja delivery services also exist in your country ..,

    I agree with you that food delivery services must be trained to carry food boxes properly so that the food does not spoil like what happened with your food orders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the delivery boys are really good, fast and friendly. It is a tough job but they do it with at least 4 stars.

      Delete
  6. interesting post - i haven't ever tried food delivery from stores or even restaurants. I am getting tired of wearing masks in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not believe in food delivery before the pandemic too. Savvy K introduced me to this concept when we were under restricted movement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great article and experience. Respect for your job and Sucess for your job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have great respect for these food delivery staff. It is a difficult job in the rain and shine.

      Delete