Friday, December 11, 2020

ALAS, GETTING OLD IS AN ADVENTURE

AHHH, we may wear our red hats and do as we please but, the TRUTH must be said. In spite of encouraging phrases like 60s is the NEW 40s,  

 You are as OLD as you think,” 

LIFE can be very challenging as one moves into the “Twilight Zone.” I get up in the mornings and sometimes my joints squeak and I need a few squirts of WD 40.

Last Friday Gismo Man just WALKED up the kitchen step,
FELL and CUT his foot.

I ONLY did 5 rounds of “Fu Shen Gong Yao Song Du Mai” (recommended is 9 rounds) during qigong and 


my spine lodged a formal complaint . Out came the hot pack!
On another night, after a 30 min session of "zhan zhuang"


Maintain stance for 30 mins without moving.
and "zhuan yao shuan kua qi gui tian"

My full kit of medical paraphernalia was required. 

Our younger days of eu de parfum and eu de toilette have now been replaced with medicated oils and pain relief patches. OUCH!
Savvy K's parting words before she goes out, “MUMMY, YOU STAY HOME. 
OLD PEOPLE CANNOT GET COVID, THEY DIE.”

               Godness gracious, I need a few LAUGHs along the way, 

A little silver-haired lady calls her neighbour, “Come over, I have a 
killer jigsaw puzzle and I can’t figure out where to start.”
Neighbour: “What’s it supposed to be when it is done?”Lady: "According to the picture, it’s a rooster.”
Neighbour goes over and looks at the pieces spread on the table and at the cover.

Neighbour: “I think no matter what we do, we won’t be able to put these into a rooster.  Why don’t we relax instead, you go make a cup of tea.”

Then she puts all the corn flakes back into the box.

Acknowledgement to cartoonist Brian Crane for "Pickles."

4 comments:

  1. I ONLY did 5 rounds of “Fu Shen Gong Yao Song Du Mai"

    wow i think that's amazing
    i never mind to do it haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously impressed at what you did do. And hurt just thinking about it.
    Getting old is not for sissies is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi first time visiting your blog
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, how cute Savvy ..., it looks like she has the talent to be a photo model 🤩.
    And she is suitable to be a model for your blog.

    ReplyDelete