Tuesday, October 13, 2020

SPEEDY SERVICE AMID AN IMPENDING CMCO

Honda Service Centre PJ 4S  allayed my anxieties of getting my car back on time. On time for what? The IMPENDING Conditional Movement Control Movement (CMCO) of course! 

Here we go round the mulberry bush again, parts of Malaysia will return to lock down or partial lock down tomorrow, 

and my car nearly went into lock down too. 

        How did all this happen? OK, it all started about 2 weeks ago when I took my car for its 40,000 km “check up.” I was informed that the service engineers found both front  lower arms faulty. What front lower arms? I know about cars - spark plugs, car suspension and even carburetors as my former carburetor died on me a few years ago. But, this lower arm lingo is alien vocabulary, and I am sure Mr. Victor Tee did not say car armrest (this one I know). 

Well, I am not one to argue with the experts, especially when I was informed the parts were claimable under warranty! He ordered the parts immediately and they were expected to arrive in 2 weeks. A few days later, I kept receiving calls from the Service Centre. But, you know, this “young” lady here has lots of happenings in her life and I didn’t return the calls. I was quite surprised then to

receive a Whatsapp message from Mr. Tee informing me to make an appointment to replace the warranty parts. My, my, that’s efficient for something under warranty and  FOC (Free of Charge) too! 

         Thus, this morning saw me hurrying to the Honda Service Centre at PJ 4S as the government had just declared a 14-day CMCO starting tomorrow. This means we can’t be jollying driving around, unless for essential matters, and replacing a car front lower arms is definitely NOT AN EMERGENCY.

        Gizmo Man was very “excited” and told me to make sure I get back my car TODAY or it may be lock down in the centre for 2 weeks.  I met Mr. Tee at around 8.45 am and was  relieved when he said my car would be ready by 3pm. PHEW, made it before CMCO tomorrow!!

         I was back home attending to my “happenings” when at 11 am, a “beeep” from my Whatsapp showed a message,

   “Your car is already done, replace parts and done tested.” That was FAST. Aargh, it was not 3pm yet. I had NO TRANSPORT cos Gizmo Man was having virtual meetings. 

        Mr. Tee promptly replied he'll meet me after his lunch break. 

Believe me, I am not paid for this post and I have absolutely NO affiliations with this service centre. In the past, I use to take a lot of things for granted, many times just forgetting to say TQ. With all the complications and uncertainties in life now, I have changed somewhat.  Say TQ now. Give credit when credit is due. 
Tomorrow may not come.
THANK YOU MR. VICTOR TEE
AND THE SERVICE TEAM AT 

Honda Service Centre PJ 4S - Tenaga Setia Resources Sdn. Bhd. 

KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT SERVICE. 
STAY SAFE ALWAYS.

Acknowledgement: The Star newspaper.

3 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL service.
    Years back I decided that if I am prepared to complain when service (or the product)is not to my liking, than I should say thank you and offer praise when it is. It works for me - though sometimes I have had letters from surprised firms thanking me for thanking them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: I am sorry to hear of your lockdown and hope that numbers can be brought back under control again. Soon.

      Delete
    2. I guess it was a surprised for firms to get TQ letters. Many people forget, not on purpose but sometimes life gets too busy

      Delete