Sunday, August 21, 2022

FLUID ART

 

appears to be catching on here in Malaysia. It was introduced around year 2020 with the use of acrylic paints. This sounds like my kind of creativity as the best art piece I have ever produced was a cross-section of  the hibiscus flower. 
We were at POP by Jaya One last Saturday.  
An array of trendy artisan stalls participate every week end.
The most popular were the cakes, cookies and pastry stalls.  
Malaysia has been bestowed the title of "Sweetest Nation in Asia," but unfortunately not for the sweetest people! The prevalence of diabetes rose from 13.4% in 2015 to 18.3% in 2019, thus we have a ratio of one in five adults with diabetes. 

We also seem to have this craze for candles, the sweeter looking the better of course.  The only candles I have at home are tealights at the altar and they are scentless. 

These candles are lovely to look at but even without lighting them, their aroma is overpowering. Lots of art work at the POP were  eye-catching
but I am not too sure about wearing these beaded rings.
Crotchet flowers for "forever L♥VE.

OH NO, CANDLES as cup cakes, jellies, cream cookies and mini cakes. No wonder diabetes is a public health problem here. 
JOY at the POP
SO was Thory - Dog in a laundry basket.





7 comments:

  1. Thory is definitely cuteness overload.
    Diabetes is on the rise here too.
    I would have loved to have gone to those markets with you, but would not have been tempted by the cakes. And I hear you on the overpowering candles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fluid art is quite popular. But I never seen it done on object.
    Pretty puppy dogs
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an alarming increase in the rate of diabetes. It must place quite a strain on the health care system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fluid art - that kid must have had fun. The only time I've seen something like that is when I watched youtube of artists who pour acrylic paints or inks on to a canvas and kind of move the canvas around to flow the paint where they want it. Those sweets look so good - but wow that's a high diabetes rate. i have no clue what it is in our country, probably pretty high also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fluid art! I might have to try that on a big object! :) I've only poured paint into an empty clear Christmas ornament. That turned out great. I like making messes too. ♥
    Lots of cool items for sure and that Thory!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. India has already become a diabetic capital, with individuals developing diabetes at a younger age! So we, too, join the list of the sweetest nations. Those cookies and candles look yummy, too ;) Fluid art appears to be intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fluid art 😍😍😍. It's like a healing seeing the colors cover up the object 😍😄. My kids must like this!

    I don't like sweet culinary. Even right now I'm trying my best to reduce coffee, and prefer drinking mineral water instead. And of course doing workout regularly to maintain my health. Once the diabetes hits us, our live won't be the same anymore. Everything must be in control.

    ReplyDelete