Wednesday, March 2, 2022

COCONUTS IN LANGKAWI


and then home to a hectic two weeks of happenings. Gismo Man had some meetings in Langkawi so I went for some chilling on the beach. When we returned home, Savvy Girl was admitted to the hospital for some tests and procedures. She is recovering now and life has returned to a normal pace. 
We flew out on a hot morning. I admit I was a bit spooked looking out as I had not been on a turboprop aircraft for a very looong time.


 I had quite forgotten these aircrafts are still in operation. I was glad Inspector Singh accompanied me on this trip and kept me well entertained. 
After checking into the hotel, Gismo Man decided we should walk to the popular beach, Pantai Cenang. I am a walker but the beach was 4.4km away and it was in the afternoon sun. 
Oh NO, there was NIL negotiation with him! With the UV index at extreme, he lead the way while I melted behind like a candle. I can understand why husbands are sometimes murdered by their wives.
After an hour of squeezing sweat from my bandana and cussing why we could not take a taxi, we arrived. Pantai Cenang was crowded with sun worshippers on jet skis and many took to the sky parasailing.


 The sun was still high but was preparing to settle for the day. 
We order a small dinner of fish, kang kong and one bowl of rice to be shared. My stomach had not recovered from that arduous walk. I mean my legs did the walking but the whole body is connected, right? 🤣 😂
The setting sun did not deter the parasailing activities. In fact, more went up as I imagine it must be fantastic to be with the glowing sky.
But the sun must set and it did around 7.30pm. Incredible how a blazing bright sky turns golden at dusk and then closes to beautiful peaceful hues of blue.
My first day in Langkawi.
 If you all must know, we took a taxi back to the hotel!

19 comments:

  1. Wow, what an adventurous walk in the hot sun. I did that yesterday but no where as beautiful as where you ended up. Nice post and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a walker too, but not in that kind of heat, never, never, never! If my wife insisted I would divorce her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you supported me. I was grumbling and mumbling all the way and telling myself husbands go mad as they get older.

      Delete
  3. That is a very long walk in the heat but did you get into the water to cool off?
    All I would be thinking of was the long walk back so I'm glad your husband opted for the taxi and he's still alive! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No going into the waters Patsy but it was cool in the restaurant overlooking the beach

      Delete
  4. Sorry about the hospital stay! I'm glad you made it to the beach after the long hot walk and have a lovely dinner too! :)

    Hope that you are having a good week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good dinner Mica, nothing as adventurous as the walk but enough to fill my tummy

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your excellent day!
    AND - for introducing me to "Inspector Singh" - 🙂 - My world seems lifted up and much improved - thanks to you. -g-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have beautiful and happy days ahead

      Delete
  6. Usually when I fly down to see my son in Oregon, I usually fly on turboprop jet.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The turboprop jet flight was a bit scary for me since it has been a long time I took one. But it was a smooth ride.

      Delete
  7. Oh amazing photos, lovely beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ, the beach just went on for miles and miles

      Delete
  8. Despite the scorching walk, the evening turned out to be a lovely sight to behold.
    Before scrolling down, I assumed Inspector Singh was a member of the crew, but it turned out to be a book! Ah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up Inspector Singh as it looked an unusual book. The writing style was quite amusing and different. I did enjoy his company very much Jeevan!

      Delete
  9. It looks like a nice day.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally... We can travel again 😄. I've just been back from Bali. After 2.5 years not going anywhere 🤣🤣. Gosh, feeling like released from jail 😄..

    I don't like beach actually. Too hot. But when in Bali, I enjoyed the scorching sun on my skin 😄. Happy that the world gradually going better.. and happy when knowing that airasia will open the flight to KL very soon.

    ReplyDelete