Friday, March 11, 2022

LUCKY ME in Langkawi.

 

     We were here for only 3 days and the sizzling weather brought amazing sunrises and sunsets. My first time seeing such brilliant oranges and reds at sunset. We were one of a small crowd taking in the dinner view at Coco's Bistro, a quaint eatery run by an Irishman and his Malaysian wife. 

     Lucky we made a reservation as it is a smallish place with no frills right on the beach. 

The menu was not extensive but delicious. Food was incredible value for money with the max meal at RM 50.  We ate under spiraling coconut trees

and a broad swing to seat 3 persons provided some "entertaiment" between courses.

      For starters we had freshly fried prawn fritters with large fresh prawns in a crunchy batter for RM16. Most prawn fritters come with lots of fritter and teeny prawns one can hardly taste, so these were a delicious surprise. I ate four fritters, hubby had two but he insisted and I did not put up much of a fight. I reckon he was trying to make up for making me walk 4km the day before.  

I ordered fish and chips and GizmoMan had the Irish stew with garlic bread.

 I am a creature of habit. I often order fish and chips or pasta when eating out. BORING and PREDICTABLE! Both dishes were just good, and my stomach increased from mini to maxi.

It was a fitting end for out last night in Langkawi. 





8 comments:

  1. suasana yang sangat nyaman menanti sore dan malam di sana kak...aku terbayang kelezatan fish chip dan udangnya. Sekeliling pohon dan angin sepoi-sepoi sungguh indah pemandangan...have a nice day kak ☺😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful, food and scenes look lovely. Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a peaceful looking place. I could spend time there happily. The food looks good and nice husband to give you his third ... Reminds me of something I had the other day at a local "Applebees" ...Chicken Wonton Taco ...such a delicious appetizer, wow. It looks so beautiful there and did y ou swing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful spot for a meal and that sunset looks amazing! Glad you enjoyed your dinner :)

    Hope that you are having a good weekend :) We had a fun playdate in the park this morning!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. One could not have asked for a better setup for dining than this: a restaurant by the sea with a live show of a brilliant sunset and a typical tropical environment is impressive. And who doesn't enjoy relaxing on the swing while being gently swayed by the sea breeze? I'm glad you had a good time and ate well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the contrary with me 🤣. I always choose new menu, the unique one, or something that I haven't tried before 😄. But my husband is more like you. Always choose the same menu, unless I force him to chooce new one hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like prawns.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete