Sunday, February 13, 2022

WAIT ... I AM ARRIVING.

 QUICKLY-lah, the car is starting.

DO THE PCR now, I want to get out. 
Grandma, what LONG chopsticks you have?
The BETTER to PROSPERITY TOSS with, my dear.
I could do with a tiger chasing me as I need to loose the fats! After some good prosperity tosses, I am bulging at the waist. So it was a brisk walk minus the tiger one evening for  "defattening." 


This Buddhist temple nestled among spiraling condominiums along a bustling main road has always intrigued me. 


My Thursday walk took me right to the entrance and inside.

 Since it is the Chinese New Year, offerings were made for blessings and good fortune.


The carvings had depth and resembled 3-dimensional art pieces.

The outer ceiling was carved with dragons in the clouds motif and painted brilliantly.
OUT with the OLD, IN with the NEW?
NO WAY!
OLD and NEW can co-exist in HARMONY.

13 comments:

  1. melihat picture 1-3 merasa tigernya sangat cute kak...
    toast dengan sumpit adalah hal seru

    dan dinding naga dan tiangnya sangat artistik juga lukisannya. Sangat beautiful ^^

    have a nice day kak:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a delightful post. Hooray for harmony...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Tiger year.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember very fondly being in Vietnam for Lunar New Year a few years ago, and what a wonderful festive event it was. We too went into a Buddhist temple and were warmly welcomed. Harmony is what we should all strive for, but it seems like an impossible goal when you see the tensions in the Russia/Ukraine border, and in other places around the world. Now keep on walking to shed that extra weight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I would have dipped in to that beautiful dish . It look delicious! Love your colorful photos and your walk looked great. happy new year to you and all your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely pictures! Love this tiger!
    Regards and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this and the last thing you said! Let's gather everything that we love about this world and enjoy it all. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

  8. Hey dear! Loved your post and allready followed your blog, i want invite you to visit and follow my blog back <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a marvelous carving! I also like the tigers.
    Great post!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my! This started out cute, cute, cute - THEN, you continued on to share amazing sights I would never see - unless you shared with me.

    You've made me feel wealthy in this one post!!!

    Happy New Year to You!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agree... Out and new actually can be in harmony, no need to separate them out. 😄

    Love with the deco art of temple kak ❤️. And quite amazed with that looooong chopsticks of grandma's 🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice photos ^^ Have a good day ♥

    ReplyDelete