Friday, January 1, 2021

JUST ANOTHER DAY

 THROW OUT THE OLE, BRING IN THE NEW. Felis ano neuvo. 2021 is here for the next 364 days.      So many greetings that wished 2020 to be forgotten and booted out. To say I am glad it happened would be mean with all the suffering and deaths worldwide.


 But, 2020 has made me more appreciative of a zillion things I take for granted, like going outside WITHOUT a mask. This is ALL I HOPE for in 2021.      2021 started with a 10km jog for Gizmo Man and a 5km walk for me in the deserted neighbourhood roads. I don't jog, I smell the flowers.

I tidied the mess from New Year’s eve dinner. Gizmo Man says I cook with every pot and pan available even if it is a single dish! 
Then had to save my new plant from garden snails.

Quickly, changed into my new shorts from Uniqlo and the T-shirt Boey painted for me 
to breakfast in the hawker’s stalls. Looking GOOD!

 Thory jumped into the car for a short spin, it has become a routine. 
The laundry had to be hung out. That is not a hole in Savvy K’s jeans. It is a RM120 manufactured hole, courtesy of today's fashion. I call it the “Beggar’s Look!”
  Thory and Belle, what’s all that noise and racket?
 Leave Sayang alone,
 you can’t attack him even though he is always roaming around.
Then vacuum, STOP "moulting" Thory, you are giving me too much work.

 Finally, I sat down to write this as Gismo Man ironed his clothes. 
WELCOME 2021.

5 comments:

  1. Increased appreciation never, ever goes astray.
    Gizmo man does his own ironing? Wow. That is something my partner does not do. If I don't iron it it goes unworn (or is worn crinkled).
    Here's to another year of appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also a fan of wearing crinkled clothes, hasn't hurt anyone yet!

      Delete
  2. Ironing is something I don't mind doing.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind cooking and washing, but ironing needs patience which I am lacking!

      Delete
  3. TQ, the photos were my chores on New Year's day

    ReplyDelete