Tuesday, January 19, 2021

BUCKETS OF LOCK DOWN WEEDS!

       Hey, not the smoking kind but the ‘pests’ that grow so luxuriously in my garden.  Ahh, I sit on a plastic sheet,


 and drag my butt through the garden. The blue stool is to rest my back every so often. Malaysia is now in 2nd lock down, 3rd wave. I'm really "sian" (bored and tired). No more excuses that I could not do anything during the pandemic. The garden needs a face lift, and frankly SO DO I. Easier to start with the garden!

 I do have some blooming flowers , my bougainvilleas,

and powder puffs
but my succulent weeds are my pride and joy taking    centre stage. They invade every nook and corner even in my drains. They are thick and succulent. My niece  said, “your weeds look good like SCALLIONS 




and CHIVES! Sure you are not pulling out your veggies.” AH, If only.

 Now I understand why she morphs from a lady to a cussing monster every summer as she tackles her weeds in Melbourne, Australia. Oh, I heard her swearing to ‘thy kingdom come’ as I squatted close by helping her. 

 Thory, my faithful companion just sits by me and laughs as I weed for 2 hours every morning after my walk. 

It is never-ending.

“Hey Sassy  JAM, you missed this patch Jom, chop chop!” 
It has been 2 weeks now and I have weeded by the buckets full. 

Gismo Man is a very practical husband. He was in US for work many years back. I expected a wonderful souvenir like, maybe a Coach bag. SUPRISE, he got me a wonderful  iron "weeder" together with other gardening tools. What a  lucky gal I am.  Had my faithful "weeder" for 9 years now. The rounded part serves as a fulcrum and I just need to apply some pressure on the handle to get the "pests" unrooted.
Jab it in like you are going to stab someone,
 yank out the innards and job completed. Weeding does bring out the monster in people.
 "Shoo away pest, you are making my Sassy JAM's life miserable."

5 comments:

  1. TQ, the plants are easy, garden is lotta work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, but it is a lot of weeding. Good exercise I suppose 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trouble with weeding is how quickly they grow again. Although no weeding for me at present, the garden has a blanket of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ho Ho.. snow will melt and Spring will bring on the weeds!!

    ReplyDelete