Tuesday, July 14, 2020

WILDLIFE AT HOME


         HELLO ... Selamat pagi (Good morning), since your PM has lifted the lock down I am dropping in for a visit. Your gate was locked so I hope you don't mind me climbing over your fence. Can you please tell the pest Thory to stop barking and jumping at me, that’s no way to greet an honourable guest. 
What’s for lunch? I personally prefer meat, got any frogs? 
Mmmm … your koi looks quite fat and rather delicious, I haven’t had sushi for quite a while.
Another monitor lizard in my back yard flicking its tongue to pick up scent and "smell" the air looking for food. Watch the forked/split tongue. 
Monitor lizards are common in our back yards. Some are as large as crocodiles. Bobbi is part of our family, like our dogs. He is the only lizard allowed to stay inside our garden. He lives in a crevice in the rocks and comes out for his daily tan.

3 comments:

  1. Love that the monitor is part of your family. Beautiful creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always liked these beautiful lizards and have always had an affinity for them. I asked Savvy K to accompany me to visit the komoda dragons this year, so maybe next year when borders are open again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your lizard is good at climbing ..., is he tame and harmless?.

    ReplyDelete