Friday, July 3, 2020

RAINY DAYS AND BAD HAIR GO TOGETHER

“Sassy JAM, looks like you are having a BAD HAIR day after the storm. But stay focus on your qigong OK,” says Thory.

            Ever had one of those mornings when you did’t feel like doing anything more strenuous than putting bread into the toaster? Mine came with a sleepless night and although I felt like a beached whale, I decided the washing machine needed some exercising. So I did two loads before 6am to catch the sun. Becos’ of the very high humidity in Malaysia (about 84% in the dry months to 88% during the monsoons), clothes have to be dried in the sun or else they get this yukky musty mildew smell. Then AWOL (Away Without Leave), Mr. Sunshine decided to take the day off (it is impossible to get GOOD HELP these days). Mizzi Thunderstorm filled in for him (again, what’s all this exchange of duties without prior permission from the people affected). Down came the rain, 
     the clothes were gathered hastily
     and hung everywhere possible in the backyard
    and washing area away from the pouring buckets of water. If you have not experienced a thunder storm in the tropics, let me tell you it is riveting - unceasing gigantic raindrops crashing to earth, 
    rumbling thunder that shakes the air and flashing lightning bolts that pierce the darken sky.
        I LOVE rainy days. Even as a kid I would quickly park by bum next to a window and watch all the action created by Thor. I remember my mum would always come looking for me and drag me away, scared that lightning would strike through the window and frizzle her daughter like a sausage on a barbeque. When Savvy Girl was a kid, we would walk with our umbrellas after the storm, squeal and jump into  puddles. Gismo Man never approves of such activities, he calls this "Madness, I call it “Education.” 
        Watching a thunderstorm here is fascinating. The temperature drops so quickly from 30 C to around 24 C. This refreshing change is a welcome from our scorching days where the air is so still and stifling. The wind rushes through the trees and strips them of their leaves.
             My flower pots crash over, and the gutters are heavy and heaving with rain water gushing through. Typhoon Thory goes crazy outside running wild with the booming thunder, like a dog gone rabid (Thory was named after Thor as like me, he loves storms). Poor Belle is “spooked” under a table. The koi comes up to the surface to feel the rain.
          We are also running, but to slam the windows shut. Ahh … when it is all done, I sit and do some “dan tain” breathing and be calm until Sunshine decides to return from AWOL.
      “Thory, look at yourself, all your fur is sticking up cos of the positive charges, get inside NOW before lightning strikes you dead!” 

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE rain, but my area of our drought stricken land doesn't get nearly enough of it. I am not such a fan of thunderstorms though. Twice the house I have been in has been struck, and I was alone both times.
    Humidity makes my hair curl, and humidity like that you experience would make me sad, soggy and grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If humidity can make my straight hair curl like yours, i will be so happy.

      Delete
  2. This is cool, keep it up.👍


    Hi everyone, am starting a new Ponzi scheme that allows you make lots of 💷money💵 within a week, you only need $25 to start🤗 I'd like for you all to come join.
    Click here Goldish Ponzi Scheme to visit the Blog

    For more info email me -: Sutton.aaron90@gmail.com

    Text me on-: +1 (480) 923-8492

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a big fan of rain. For month of June we had just over half inch or 12.7 millmeters.
    Your clothes line looks a lot different then mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my portable clothes line that i can take inside my house!!

      Delete
  4. I've never been to your part of the world but I have been to the Seychelles and there was a sharp rainstorm as the sun went down and it became quite cold. Then the rain stopped and it became hot again.

    ReplyDelete