Monday, April 11, 2022

NO PAIN, NO GAIN

  At 32 degrees Celsius, it was a hot humid morning for gardening. But gardening I did. A simple task of just trimming my potted plants put me into a mass of sweat and itch from mozzie bites. I trimmed and chopped from 8.30am to 11.30 am and ended with 3 huge bags.

 Science says solids cannot be compressed but I proved science wrong as I squeezed, crushed and squashed a whole garden of waste. The plants finally looked refreshed just like how we look better after a good trim at the hair dresser. 

 Today is Monday, pick-up day for garden waste by the PJ City Council trucks. I worked fast to catch the trucks cos' I did not want the waste rotting outside for one week. 

The sun had no pity for me today. But I was too busy to bargain for Mr. sunshine to hide behind the clouds.

 I just slapped on more sunblock (SPF 50+ for maximum protection!) and my eyes stung as the sunblock mixed with sweat dribbled into my eyes. OUCH, but there was no stopping this intrepid busy bee.

As there was no peace for the wicked, I just ploughed through. 

Sadly, my forever faithful companion Thory abandoned me as he sought refuge under the bed. 

You really cannot get good help these days!

11 comments:

  1. cuaca memang akhir-akhir ini sudah mulai hot dan cerah ya kak sedari pagi. Di Indonesia, terutama kota dimana aku tinggal pun begitu. Matahari serasa bersinar penuh, makanya jemuran cepat kering. By the way, aku suka gardennya kak. Berasa hijau dan oenuh dengan tanaman plus bunga-bunga cantik. Aku suka kambojanya. Berkebun dan beberes dengan sunblock SPF tinggi juga sering aku lakukan demi terlindung dari sinar UV. Dan menyenangkan jika melihat garden rapi plus bersin. Dan terakhir, Thory was so cute...Aku suka warna bulunya. Terlihat lembut untuk dibelai ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds gruelling to do garden work in that kind of heat. Cold I can handle, heat defeats me! 8think that your helper, in a fur coat don't forget, was the smartest one of all and went in to hide under the bed! I have to say your garden looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. In those temperatures (and with mosquitoes too) I would probably long to join Thory. I have been weeding too - but have a LOT more to do yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well your help looks so beautiful under the porch. Love all the photos of your garden. Good for you handling the heat like you did (and humidity, yuck)...and getting all that time. It looks Marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice garden with beautiful flowers....
    love the red flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks beautiful. You need to take a 'big' picture for us to see all of it. :)
    Thory is smart! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easter Hythsin is sure pretty.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. They used to say not to tie dogs during the summer so that they could choose a comfortable place or a hideout to keep them cool! It seems like a heavy task, but I could see your garden gleaming after removing the plant waste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on such nice garden! great to hear PJ City Council trucks pick-up garden waste. Maybe all garden waste people give away will be useful for making compost by decomposing plant and food waste and recycling organic materials. The resulting mixture is rich in plant nutrients, as compost improves soil fertility in gardens and fields.

    Have a nice weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete