Monday, December 20, 2021

BLUE CHRISTMAS

I'll have a blue Christmas without you
I'll be so blue just thinkin' about you
Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree
Won't be the same if you're not here with me.

And when those blue snowflakes start fallin'
That's when those blue memories start callin'
You'll be doin' all right with your Christmas of white
But I'll have a blue, blue, blue, blue Christmas

Lyrics by Jay Johnson and Billy Hayes

First recorded in 1948 by Doye O’ Dell

Adapted version in 2021 by Sassy JAM

 
I’ll have a blue Christmas without the sun

I’ll be so blue watching the monsoons 

Laundry drying around my green Christmas tree


Won’t be the same if the sun is not with me.
And when those fat rain drops start fallin’And the snakes,

 “biawaks” 

and turtles start callin’

Fishes aren't doing all right,
 floods and landslides every where

Cos we’re having a WET, WET, WET CHRISTMAS 🎄🎄 . Click on the 10 second videos to see wild life.     Stranded catfish

  Turtle doing the breast stroke in the kitchen.
   Iguana straddling  in the living room.
     Fish stranded in the living room.
  Snake in restaurant
Our neighbourhood group has already collected housel hold items, food and cash donations for Ulu Langat (above pix).   
For affected families in Taman Sri Muda & Hulu Langat areas.
St. John's Institution old boys have already delivered cleaning items.
When there is a NEED, there is a LI🦁ON ." 

21 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this. However, your song writing and singing is wonderful. Merry Blue Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ Patsy, my song writing is a sporadic event! But, my singing needs much more practice

      Delete
  2. I have been reading about your weather - and worrying for you.
    That is one BIG snake.
    Have yourself as Merry a Christmas as you can - and I do hope that the sun emerges from hiding...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ Elephant's child, we are safe and have been participating in donations for the flood relief projects.

      Delete
  3. So sad seeing the current situation in Malaysia 😭😭. Please be safe and careful .. wish all of you remain safe, healthy and strong during this bad rainy season 😔.

    And I wanna say, merry Christmas kak kestrel and family.. maybe this is not the best time to celebrate, but really hope you and family be blessed by warmth and happiness of Christmas ❤️🎄🎄.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ fanny, all this reminds me of how blessed I am.

      Delete
  4. That is serious devastation for humans and animals alike. I hope that a quick recovery is possible. In the meantime I send everyone my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malaysians really came together and supported the affected. Volunteers started food and house hold items delivery the as soon as cars could go through

      Delete
  5. What beautiful ornaments.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the floods, Kestrel!
    I like those blue decoretion on the Christmas tree! ... I hope the next days will be sunny in your country :-)
    May you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ Giorgio, hope the weather holds on sunny and some rains but not down pours.

      Delete
  7. Oh! my goodness are those creatures in your house?
    Love the decorations beautiful colours.
    Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year.
    Stay safe and hope your weather improves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness NO. I can't imagine that long snake in my porch and my dogs getting bitten!!

      Delete
  8. Oh very good photos
    Happy Holidays 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so sad you have such crazy wild weather so close to Christmas! I hope the floods stop soon and you stay safe and dry!

    Hope that you have a wonderful Christmas :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also heard the flood is devastating there, and your images and videos expose the real state of the affected. I hope the rain stops and normalcy return soon. The wild species entering the houses and restaurants seems challenging to control. Please take care. However I wish you Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked myself at the wild life in the different homes.

      Delete
  11. wow, the flooding looks crazy. And the temps. We are having days of heavy rain and part of the hwy coming up to our mountain area gave out...well the dirt underneath and just a small part of the road. This is the worse i've seen it since we moved here. I always enjoy your photos and hope Christmas and through New Years dries out for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been dry past few days but heavy rains are predicted to start tmr or Tuesday again.

      Delete
  12. Marry Christmas! I wish you happyness!

    ReplyDelete