Wednesday, June 29, 2022

TAT's MY COUSIN!

 

This was exactly how my cousin looked and felt every morning after staying in an Air BnB home in the country side. Last month, we thought it would be a great idea to book into a house in the country to sample some fresh air with NO pollution, NO traffic and NO city sky scrappers. Just green grass, trees and country folks. 
OH WELL, we got all of this and MORE for free! 

We got a FOLK of CROWING COCKERELS for neighbours. In Malaysia, there is NO law against cockerels crowing at unsocial hours, so owners here do not worry that their  "pets" crowing cause a statutory noise nuisance. My bedroom faced the back lane

 and the cockerels were up on the roof tops serenading sun rise every morning just outside my window.

 It would have been alright if their eyesight was at 20/20 and they started their crowing when dawn rose. But, these flock of cockerels needed to visit an ophthalmologist and get some prescription glasses. 

They started their roof top orchestra at 3am. Day light was still miles away, the skies were still dark and their symphony had already began. The orchestra went on till 9am without a hiatus. My goodness gracious, they had strong vocal cords. I was fortunate in having lived in dormitories with students prowling and playing their hi-fi sets at all hours. So after the initial overture of crows, I just slumbered back to sleep, quite oblivious to the ruckus.

But, my poor cousin heard every musical note in the philharmonic orchestra from 3am onwards. She is a light sleeper. We had already booked and paid for 5 days and 4 nights. Oohhhh.... she was a wreck by then!!

 But, I do think that even though we had an unexpected country experience, cockerels  come with country living. These birds have the right to crow whenever the urge takes them, be it at sun rise or at the Devil's hour.

If we city slickers are too slick to accept this, then we should stay back in the city and listen to our neighbour dogs howling! 

5 comments:

  1. Smiling. And feeling for your cousin. I am a light sleeper too - but prefer the noise of cockerels to city noises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a hassle. Anything excessive in volume sounds the same. I prefer nature's sounds to man-caused alarms.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...that would have drove me nuts!! I have just two ravens who are so loud at about 7 in the morning that i want to jump out of bed and chase them off..but I don't. Hope you enjoyed it all though. Nice to get away from the city I would imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would have driven me crazy, haha! We did a farm stay once and it was weird hearing the cockerels over the valley in the morning - although I never saw them, the sound really travelled!

    Hope you are having a nice weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😂😂😂😂 I feel youuuuu 😄. That's what I felt when go on vacation to my hometown in Tapanuli. But gradually I'm used to hearing those orchestras 😂. But really, they started it from 3 am??? At least the cocks in my hometown started at 4.30 am🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete