Sunday, March 28, 2021

MY DAY STARTS AT DAWN,

 

at 5.45 am to be precise. I am out walking when the street lights are still on, and the air is still crisp. I only meet a few fellow walkers this early. I like this time of the day. The air is refreshingly cool. Twenty-four degrees C is glorious weather here and it only happens at dawn. 

It is so quiet I can hear the “fat” rain drops on the leaves when there is a drizzle. Rain, even a drizzle is seldom "light" in Malaysia.

Evidence as shown on my phone – LIGHT rain with THUNDER! 

Some days when I am preoccupied "with problems 🤣 of the world 🤣," I forget to appreciate the gifts in life. I am just so obsessed with walking briskly to get over my morning work out, I FAIL to realise that, “Hey, I am breathing WITHOUT a mask. NO police man will fine me RM10,000.” In Malaysia, exercising is the only time we are allowed outdoors without a mask.

 Only at dawn with the moist air do I get to see the magic in the street lights. 

Blue lights 
and

golden lights.

My friends are already warming up 

before pounding their beats around the neighbourhood
or on their racing bikes riding their circuits. 


All too soon and "morning has broken,"
 time to head off for HOME
to begin a NEW day. 
THANK YOU for all the BLESSINGS I have received.

15 comments:

  1. Wow, yesterday there were lots of loud thunders here, so I didn't dare look at the window. creepy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indonesia and Malaysia have tropical thunder storms with lots of lightning and thunder. I also stay away from windows and draw the curtains.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. I start my day before dawn but rarely get outside and walk. You have convinced me that I have made a mistake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to feel as happy as me outside at dawn.

      Delete
  3. Your day begins when mine ends hehe: D Just about 5am I finish work 😄 Lovely photos 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ. Amazing how the world spins isn't it? One side is day and the opposite side is night. I could never understand this when i was a kid.

      Delete
  4. Nice to hear they allow people to go walking or do exercise without mask there. My dad going walking daily wearing the mask but he would pull down the mask to neck when he walk on empty streets. I always like shooting lights and lamps and you got a series of wonderful shots on the street lights in different shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky to be allowed to exercise without masks. TQ, I think I got a good dawn day which had rain earlier on so the air was damp enough to bring our the rays.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this inspiring post. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a nice post - i enjoyed your photos and what you wrote. I have never gotten up at that time of day to walk ...I imagine it's great. I live in the mountains and I'm sure I would be surprised at the beauty then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great place to live - in the mountains. Wonder if it will be too dark or cold to walk at dawn?

      Delete
  7. Wah pernah mencapai 24 derajat cel...terbayang cukup dingin untuk keseharian kita yang biasanya beriklim tropis ya Kak ...i love your photos because they can tell 'something'..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terima kasih. Masa awal pagi (subuh) sangat sujuk. Memang seronok pada masa ini. Betuk kata anda, jarang dapat 24 derajat di tropis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely time of day to go out and exercise. It is good to take time to appreciate the small things and let problems slide away:)

    ReplyDelete