Tuesday, March 2, 2021

FENGHUANG BY DAY

When dawn breaks, the soul of this ancient town emerges. 






Along with the morning mist as 

her people wake 
to another day, we strolled and watched her personality unfold.
 I find it silly when friends tell me something or someplace is indescribable. But, as us three gals walked

along the flagstones, 
and waited for the stalls with 
their empty chairs and tables to open for breakfast,
along the tranquil river and sleeping boats, as we ambled 
across the half-moon bridges,


 I came to understand "indescribable." 
Fenghuang and her people – 
the symbol of high virtue, 
grace and peace by day is just indescribable. 
 
Boatmen ferried people silently and  effortlessly along the Tuo Jiang River, 

an ancient town rising on stilts
 that barely seemed able to hold the weight of her ancestral homesteads.
 
FENGHUANG: Fairyland by night, unbelievable by day. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my. Oh my, oh my, oh my.
    I asked my partner after your last post - sadly he said he didn't visit this incredible city.
    When/if we can travel again he will have to rectify this mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus for you to accompany yr partner and stroll in this peaceful town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciites are so peaceful in the early morning. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. suasana kabutnya membuat damai hati, seolah membungkus kotanya menjadi hening dan dingin...aku suka sekali komposisi fotonya. That's an outstanding photos that hugely impressed us 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely place and photos 🖤🖤

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow really nice place, we can take photos and fishing there too awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boa tarde, fiquei apaixonado pelas fotos, parabéns,

    ReplyDelete