Monday, November 23, 2020

ONE DAY AT A TIME

 What an AMAZING 93-year-old lady. How I wish to live as graciously as her. 

Video of song

This song is for Professor E. GEORGE, a friend who has walked many journeys with me, and taught me to live one day at a time.

Lyrics

I’m only human, I’m just a woman

Help me to believe in all that I am and all I can be

Show me the stairway that I have to climb

Lord, for my sake, teach me to take

One day at a time.

One day at a time sweet Jesus

That’s all I’m asking from you

Just give me the strength

To do every day what I have to do.

Yesterday is gone and

 tomorrow may never be mine

Lord help me today, show me the way

One day at a time.

    I, nearing my golden years always run through to form, like the rerun of a good movie. I sometimes moan through life, like an injured soldier.  I make no effort to hide this, if anything I sometimes exaggerate it. My battle scars! Not that life has treated me unkindly but like EVERY ONE else, there were crosses to carry. 

I have been angry with God and questioned him with unkind words (putting it mildly!). God has heard all of this many times. My “mie” (mummy) always reminded me, “God does things in his own way and at his own hour.” 
The Holy pictures are from my parents altar, only reframed.

But, I wished God would do things in MY way and at MY hour. FAT CHANCEthe universe does not revolve around you, Sassy JAM!
Savvy K is finding her niche in life, Gizmo Man has his job and activities. My home is now quiet enough to hear a fly landing on the unwashed dishes
(the dishes are real, the fly was photoshopped!)
interrupted by the whirling air revitalisor,
 by Thory’s muffled snores and Belle’s whimpering dreams. 
Life has been kind to me, 
given me a memorable childhood, 
food always plentiful, 
parents-in-law who welcomed a daughter 
and faithful friends. 
Nothing more to ask for, but to say THANK YOU.

THANK YOU IsaBelle for your calm graceful self compared to snarling Thory.
Thank You to the Wees in Melbourne, Australia for the video.

5 comments:

  1. One day at a time (and sometimes an hour at a time) is all we can do.
    Gratitude is a powerful gift - and I am glad that the fly was photoshopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a big fly! An hour at a time is mighty good too.

      Delete
  2. Belle was a present from my brother and sister-in-law, a lovely gift that is still keeping us happy

    ReplyDelete