Sunday, November 1, 2020

A GOOD DAY – GAVE MY PARROT A NEW LIFE

and cooked a healthy meal -  dhall with moringa leaves. 

    Many birds drop by my garden but definitely NO colourful PARROTS. How SAD. I bought a colourful one in Chatuchak Market, Bangkok. She has done pretty well,         but after seven years, I noticed she looked a bit “off-colour.” I got out my permanent markers and decided to give her a new lease of life. It took many strokes of 2 different reds and orange before she looked as good as new. My, my doesn’t she look so pretty sitting amongst my plants now?

        My moringa tree has lately been growing super tall with lots of luscious leaves.         Moringa oliefeifera is a miracle tree. Its leaves has been associated with preventing and treating cancer, anaemia, bronchitis, balance hormonal levels, 

         support brain health to fight depression, Alzheimer’s and dementia and the list goes on.  “How about some dhall and moringa for dinner,” asked Gizmo Man. “OK,” said I, “but you have to pluck the leaves for me.” Off he went  to the back yard. “Alamak, how the hell is he going to pluck my leaves?”         Well, he did! He just broke a whole branch and brought it into the kitchen!      I didn’t dare complain, never tell a MAN how to do his JOB! So I sat for 30 mins “de-leafing,” then soaked the mysoore dhall   and put  everything together in a pot. 

Presto, one dish ready for dinner. Heat up the mutton varuval, yoghurt, sodhi, roast chicken and rice.  
Be my Guest, Dinner is served.
I decided to plant what 's left of the moringa branch instead of throwing it away. 

4 comments:

  1. WoW, very surprise to see your cockatoo colorful like that ... so pretty like rainbow.

    I just found out that moringa dain contains many vitamins and minerals. Interesting knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't eat too much of it, it is a detox too!

      Delete
  2. I do hope that the moringa branch 'takes' and grows.
    And love your bird wizardry. She looks so right in your garden.

    ReplyDelete