Saturday, January 16, 2010

WEEKEND MIND TEASERS

I always thought I came with a pretty good brain - well good enough to sort through my daily mess and on some days, even think up some pretty good ideas. So it was with great arrogance that I accepted some brain twisters from my 13 year-old daughter. HAA... the little squirt wants to test my brillant mind with her puny teenage mind games. If I win, she has to do HER chores without any grumbling. If she wins, I have to do HER chores without any grumbling. Well... I will teach her a lesson for even thinking she can outwit her mummy.

Brain teaser 1:

You are running in a race. If you overtake the last person, what position are you?

My answer came quickly: Second last, of course. But really, if you think about it, How can you overtake the last person in a race? BLEAAT...


Brain teaser 2:

You are a bus driver and there are 10 passengers on the bus. At the first stop, 5 passengers get off and 7 passengers get on. At the next stop, 2 passengers get off and 15 passengers get on and at the next stop, 5 passengers get off and 8 get on. What is the colour of the bus driver's eyes?

Stress out with all the Maths like I was, and then get confused at the last sentence. As you are the bus driver, what colour are your eyes? BLEEAT again...

Brain teaser 3:

Mei's father has 4 children. The eldest he named Ini, the second was Mini and the third was Maini. What was the name of the 4th child?

Moe was my answer and it came out too easily. If Mei's father has 4 children, the fourth child must be named Mei!!


Brain teaser 4:

Name the wife of Orpheus whom he tried to save from the underworld?

I told MartianGirl that this was a really unfair question as I did not study Literature. She said, "What is literature? My friends can answer this question and we have not heard of Literature before in school."

Her and her friends' answer: Mrs Orpheus.


Brain teaser 5:

Where was the American Declaration of Independence signed?

Another unfair question as we in Malaysia do not study American history. Apparently, it appears you do not need American history to anser this.
The answer: At the bottom of the Declaration.

MarianGirl: 5; Mummy: 0
NOW, IF ALL OF YOU WILL EXCUSE ME, I HAVE TO PUT THE DOG OUT, CLOSE THE WINDOWS AND SOAK THE DIRTY CLOTHES ....WITH A SMILE.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! I wouldn't have done any better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must try these out on my daughters! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee, I got the same answers as you ... want anhy help with the dishes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! I didn't do well either.. I blame the baby brain!

    ReplyDelete