Friday, July 3, 2009

Thank God It's FRIDAY?

The Almighty Crane

This will be ONE UNFORGETTABLE FRIDAY. Here I am in the laboratory...BLOGGING. Normally, I wouldn't dare as there are rules about blogging at work and I sure don't want to get caught. But it is 10.10 at night and I have been stuck here for over an hour. I had to work late this evening cos' the new students will arrive on Monday for the start of the University's new academic year. Thought I had better get things ready for Monday when I get to meet them for their first lecture and not be all flustered like a chicken. I had completed everything by 8.45 pm and got into my car to head off home. MartianGirl had already called 3 times as she does not like me driving home late at night.

Oh..Oh... something big and nasty was stuck on the only road that leads uphill to my Department. A hugh crane cum trailer with mechanical problems! It wasn't moving and you can see the poor guy's legs sticking out from all those wheels as he tried to fix it. . There was already a line of cars ahead of me - having waited for over 30 mins.

I strolled over to the guys who were very apologetic, " Sorry Miss, You have to wait for at least another hour." I forgave him - anyone who calls a middle-aged lady a "Miss" deserves instant respect!! So I returned to the Office, went to the tea room and stole my colleague's Maggi instant noodles and had dinner. Then I raided the fridge and stole another colleague's Snickers bar for dessert.






Now that I am feeling better, I wonder if the "Miss" thing-o was due to the very little lighting on the road and that I shouldn' feel so pleased!!


3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you still look like a miss! Those noodles look oh so comforting after a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo The joy of making due till you can get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was a huge crane and I didn't notice his little legs sticking out till you said!

    ReplyDelete