Tuesday, September 6, 2022

ZOOM meetings and Cooking

simultaneously is not recommended. My lunch went into the bin. It looked carcinogenic! "Hybrid" was generally used to describe a combination of two different species or elements. But now hybrid meetings and discussions have become so acceptable post-pandemic. It has been life changing for me. I had to learn to juggle between face-to-face meetings today, "zooming" in tomorrow and Hi-Five meetings next week. I am evolving.

I took a break from "evolution" and joined a qigong class in Ipoh for 2 days. 

Come, Be well is the tag line for Zhiren Qigong. 
Ohhh... the tagline spoke the truth. 
We put our bodies and minds into action from 8am - 10pm on day 1.
 Our luxury was our one hour lunch and dinner breaks. 
Tea breaks are unheard of in Asia. Whaaaat? Tea break? What is that? Go back to class now.
Day 2 was from 7am - 12 noon. The turn-up was good with about 50 young and mature registrants ready to evolve to be WELL.
The turn-up was so good, some had to practise in the surrounding gardens.
Oh, the moves may look simple but these pictures tell a different story. Ouch, can I put my hands down! 
 Laoshi (teachers) were at hand to give the finer points 
 to stronger bodies and minds. And also to "crack the whip" when the "students" faltered by the wayside! 
"Straighten those hands and roll the wrists."
"Push in those shoulders, 


lift up those palms. 

"Come on bounce, bounce, bounce on your toes and by the way, just have fun.
RELAX

like Tecla.

8 comments:

  1. I struggle with Zoom. And would no doubt struggle with your qigong class. I know which I would rather master though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt that it was a healthy activity, but it looks a bit like boot camp to me! I hope that it was a positive experience for you and that you felt refreshed and renewed after the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that elders find it difficult, but if these activities enhance their health and lessen mental stress, there is nothing wrong with trying and practicing. This art seems to be comparable to yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoga exercises take place in the same pattern. They keep you fit and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it tricky when I have a lot of meetings to have time for lunch - I often cook extra at night so I can just reheat leftovers the next day for lunch!

    Looks like a nice relaxing camp too!

    Hope you had a great weekend! We enjoyed the warmer weather here :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely that food cannot be eaten anymore 😂. Omg kak, I'm like feeling the bitter burnt on my tongue 😅. This happened once on me. But my husband did it. And it ended up I had to throw away the pan, coz it's totally black all around 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor lunch sweetheart
    My best wishes to you

    ReplyDelete