Thursday, June 3, 2021

KON'NICHIWA JAPAN

HELLO JAPAN.  
This country has been on my bucket list for ages, but I never had the opportunity to visit. That is, until Boey invited me on a trip with her Buddhist group in 2019. We toured the Kanto Prefecture in Honshu, the main island of Japan. 

Landed in Chiba, and out next eight days was a road trip through Ibaraki, Tochigi, Saitama and Kanagawa. Our first night was in Ryokan Inn surrounded by onsen. It was a real traditional setting with tatami mat flooring and sliding doors
"We have NO BEDS," I wailed.
Well, when we returned from dinner, Japanese futons were laid out for us. 
Pardon the Ignoramus Me.

 These are pages from my travel-log. I lost much of my photographs when Thory pulled my laptop and sent it crashing to the floor. CRASH, went my software too! You know the phrase, "God SAVES," but Sassy Jam DID NOT. I lost over 10 years of data and pictures. 
LUCKY, you are one cute boy Thory or I would have given you away pronto.

 We visited Nikko Toshogu shrine deep in the cedar forests. Built in 1672 to enshrine Tokugawa leyasu, 1st Shogan of the Tokugawa shogunate.
I can imagine the samurai silently slithering along the roofs and corridors.
Sky berry picking was fun. We were allowed to eat as much as we wanted. Did you know that too many strawberries gives you diarrhoea? And this is NOT GOOD on a road trip!!
What is Japan without the sakura blossoms? We were lucky enough to be on time to catch the first blooms. 
A week earlier and we would have only seen sakura buds. 
Sayonara for now.

Malaysia's NOT doing well, 
STAY HOME, THE POLIS ARE  👀WATCHING 👀YOU.

23 comments:

  1. What a shame you lost so much from the computer. The photo's from Japan are beautiful.
    Malaysia's COVID numbers increasing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malaysia is in our 3rd wave and positive cases number at 7-8000 daily. We are in total lockdown for 2 weeks.

      Delete
  2. Lucky, lucky you to have those memories to treasure. And a big sigh at the loss of the photos.
    I am sorry that your country is struggling. I hope (so much) that it can be brought under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Thory's fault but he's only a dog and I should have been more careful and not left wires running where he could pull them.

      Delete
  3. sound like a wonderful adventure.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japan is a remarkable place - clean and I just felt so calm during the trip. No stress

      Delete
  4. Oh very nice photos darling
    Thanks for share your photos withn us
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have already heard of lockdown measures in your country. Sorry for that! In Italy we have had total lockdown and curfew, and it seems these measures really work. At the moment we (Italians) continue to wear a mask and respect social distancing rules. Unfortunately, in my country some vaccinated people don't understand that the virus may be still here, among us.

    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we really wear our masks every where here, except when exercising, then we practice social distancing. Hope things continue to improve in your country Giorgio

      Delete
  6. Post script: it seems you had a great time in Japan! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japan is peaceful, clean and the people are so polite. I would like to go again after International borders are opened.

      Delete
  7. i love all those photos that you have taken:) they are so precious memories:) follow:) hope U follow back:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cherry blossoms. Nice photos from your travel and holiday in Japan. Sorry about your laptop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ, lucky to have seen the cherry blossoms

      Delete
  9. i had to laugh "we have no beds" ...haha. I would have done the same thing. Love the photos and enjoyed the post. Your travel journal is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised that the room had no beds, I though we really had to sleep on the floor and searched all over for blankets and pillows. So ignorant of Japanese culture!

      Delete
  10. I tried to send you an email but your comment didn't generate one = ( Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment! The cats are a free pattern that can be found on my blog. I am also a scientist (retired now) so we have that in common. Have a wonderful day and stop by again! (but leave me your email so we can chat!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great, fellow scientist, so pleased to meet you. I am also retired and had quite a life in the lab. I like the cat pattern very much but I don't have the patience to do such fine sewing. Will drop in again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting post and lovely photos!
    Thanks for sharing 😍😍
    Regards:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Last February, I should be in my regular vacation to Japan. But this fucking covid ruins my traveling plan -_-

    Di antara negara-negara yang saya pernah visit, Jepang is my favourite. Makanya setiap 2 tahun sekali saya pasti ke sana. Dan mungkin baru akan stop visiting, kalo 47 prefectures nya sudah saya datangi, so far I've visited 14 prefectures , dan semuanya saya sukaaaa :D. Tapi ofkors lah bagian Utara tetep yang paaaaaling saya suka. Krn saat winter , curah saljunya paling tinggi :D. Saya ga pernah ke Jepang di season lain, kecuali winter. Karena saya tak tahan panas, itulah kenapa Everytime I decide to go on vacation, it must be in winter :).

    Kalau nanti pandemic nih dah berakhir, Jepang bakal jadi negara yang langsung saya datangi lagi with family ;)

    ReplyDelete